If you work in corporate, regular meetings must be a nuisance. Not because of their frequent occurring, but due to the outside disturbance. The sunlight during presentations is annoying at a different level. Or someone else distracting you from outside the room is not a thing of beauty either. The main problem here is the glass windows. Now, replacing them is not an option. It will waste a lot of your time. So what can you do for a steady flow of meetings? The best alternative, in this case, is a Smart film.
What is a smart film?
Smart films can adjust the rate of light passing through the glass. You can directly apply these films to your windows due to their self-adhesive property. Once fitted, you can control it through a smartphone or a remote. In the past, these films helped in making smart glass through lamination. As the technology upgraded, you can install them in your office and home. Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (PDLC) technology helps in the production of these films. It suggests two things:
- In the absence of power, the molecules will scatter. It will restrict the light from passing through the glass. The glass will turn opaque.
- When you turn the power on, the liquid molecules will align forcefully. It allows the light to pass through the glass, making it transparent.
So with the use of smart film, you can make your windows either opaque, transparent, or translucent.
Why do you need Smart films in an office?
Smart films are trending in the corporate world because why not? They promise a smooth flow of meetings. Here are some reasons why you need them:
- Privacy: This is the main reason why organizations use smart films. When you are in a meeting, turn them off. It will make the glass opaque, and you can have the meeting without any outside disruption.
- Projection: Due to its high opacity, you can use it as a projection screen. Your presentations will look much better with these films.
- Size: A smart film can fit into any size. A large-sized film can cover a large glass as a whole or split into multiple for individual use.
- Cost-effective: Smart film eradicates the requirement of curtains and blinds. Apart from that, it saves the cost of a projection screen.
- Saves energy: These films can adapt to climate changes. It will decrease your electricity consumption. When the temperature reduces, the smart film turns into a translucent state and vice versa.
- Advertising: Advertisements are essential for a company to reach a wider audience. Once turned opaque, you can display ads on the interactive display. It will attract the general public. All you need to do is face the projector towards the 3G smart film.
The above features are enough for anyone to buy a smart film. Not just corporate, they can be useful for your home too. You can control them through voice recognition or remote, whatever suits you. They can fit into your office, bathroom, living room, etc. Visit http://avdiscovery.com.my/multitouch-solutions/ for more info.